SUMMER FUN MEMORIES
Time to celebrate, SUMMER IS COMING!!!
Congratulations on surviving this past school year. If it what was anything like mine, it was a little rough at times.
But summer comes with its own set of challenges. Namely, the challenge of having kids home 24/7. Snacking every hour, leaving a trail of mess, fussing with siblings, and asking to be entertained.
Developing our fun filled CTE summer camp for the past 6 years has provided some tried and trusted kid entertainment. Here are my top 3 activities for some summer fun with the kids.
Here’s to a great summer!
HOMEMADE SQUISHY SLIME
Have you tried making homemade slime yet? This one is a must try! The texture is so fun to play with. Kids love stretching and squishing it for hours.
- 1/2 cup of glue
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of saline solution
- Mix the water and glue.
- Add baking soda and mix.
- Add food coloring
- Final step add saline solution
- If needed, add some Borax
SUPER SIMPLE SALT DOUGH
One of our favorite kid craft projects at CTE is making salt dough! Kids love creating salt dough ornaments, handprints, and other sculptures.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl, starting with the flour and salt and then water. Mix well.
- Dust surface with flour and knead until the dough is not sticky and easily rollable.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutters. Or mold into desired shapes.
- Lay on a clean no grease cookie sheet. Poke small hole on top of ornament.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours until completely dry.
- Once cool, paint and decorate!
YUMMY SUSHI HAND ROLLS
Making little sushi rolls is the perfect way to keep hands busy and hungry little ones feed. Because kids will love helping to roll these yummy snacks.
- Cooked Sushi Rice
- Sushi Vinegar
- Nori Seaweed Sheets
- Your Favorite Fillings
- Spread rice into a container and allow to cool, then sprinkle with vinegar. Stir thoroughly.
- Hold a piece of nori in the palm of your hand. Spoon some rice on half the sheet, press down with wet fingers.
- Arrange your toppings on top of the rice.
- Start rolling up from the end with fillings. Wet the strip at the end and push gently to seal the edges.
- Serve with soy sauce and/or other dipping sauce of choice.
LET US ENTERTAIN THE KIDS
SUMMER CAMP 2023
The easiest summer fun trick is to send the kids to us for a few hours.
Get them out of the house, leave the mess at our place and gain 3 hours of kid free time.
What would you do with those free hours? Work, rest, clean, sleep, shop, so many options.
Every week CTE kids bake, cook, paint, and enjoy! Each session is designed with themes to engage kids and allow them to learn and have fun!
Summer camp sessions are filling-up fast so register today.
Join us for 8 weeks of summer fun! The best of both worlds—fun and academics—all in a loving, healthy, and safe environment. Our camp experience is filled with excitement, friendship, thrills, adventure, creative expression and community building through project-based learning while developing skills in cooking, baking, STEAM and creative learning.
This year we put our creative confetti caps on to bring you the most colorful and unique summer camp themes yet! From experiencing the Jersey Shore to being an Entrepreneur, kids will work both independently and cooperatively to solve mysteries and complete hands-on projects. Summer memory boards, Charcuterie cups, fried oreos, funfetti whoopie pies, sushi, homemade pasta, lickable wallpaper, throwback fanny pack, lava lamps and much much more!